What to Pack for Your Leh Ladakh Trip: Clothing and Other Essentials
So you are finally surrendering to your wanderlust with a Leh Ladakh Road Trip? Nothing can be better. Whether you are a solo traveler in quest of some peace and tranquility or someone wanting to seep in the picturesque tourist attractions with other friends for company, Leh Ladakh sure makes for one unforgettable tour. Interestingly, Leh Ladakh is as much a destination for adventure enthusiasts as it is for foodies. Thus, booking a Leh Ladakh Tour Packages will just never let you down!
Here is a helpful checklist of all that you ought to carry so that you can delight in the Leh Ladakh Tour plan to the fullest.
1.Attitude, Attitude, Attitude
The first easiest thing to carry certainly is a great attitude! Be completely geared up to saturate in the sights and the sounds of the paradise. The knack to unwind, de-stress and merely loosen up, would come in handy! Although pre-planning is important in case of Leh Ladakh Bike Trip, be prepared not to have everything on your escapade go precisely as per your plan. Rather as they say, go with the flow! Obviously, the thumb rule is to have heaps of fun!
2.Absolute Must Haves In Your Tour
So, here is a list of must haves that you simply cannot manage to forget:
- A valid photo identification card (for proof)
- A sufficient amount of money especially as ATMs are hardly available and far between. Actually, if you are going on a Leh Ladakh Road Trip via Manali, the last ATM will be seen in Manali only!
- Take a Print Out of Itinerary with emergency contact numbers
- Keep some emergency food and water handy if you are out trekking in Leh Ladakh
Although you must travel light, it can simply be at the cost of layered clothing, conditional on the season when you are visiting Leh Ladakh of course. This mountainous region has an ample of play of light and shade; you could be feeling totally warm at one instant and then as you walk into shade, you might feel the requirement for an additional layer of clothing. Besides, layered clothing works best as you are gaining elevation to keep yourself warm. Here are some complete clothes essentials:
- Full sleeves T-shirts/Sweatshirts
- Quick Dry Trekking Lowers/Pants
- Gloves and Cap.
- Woolen Socks
- Comfortable Sports Shoes.In fact, strong hiking boots will be the best choice.
While your shaving or makeup kit can take a well-earned break as you indulge in your adventurous side, here is a list of absolute must have toiletries:
- Hand Sanitizer
- Face Wash
- High SPF (40+) Sun Block Cream as the sun can be scorching
- Soap and Shampoo
- Moisturizer/Cold Cream/Lip Balm
- Contact Lens Solution if you intend to wear contacts or you can simply choose to wear your normal glasses.
- Tissues/ Hand Towel/ Toilet Roll
It is advisable to be ready with any prescription medicines that you might be taking. It is also wise to take a stock of medicines for body pains, stomach-aches and allergies. Here is an essential checklist:
- Medicines for motion sickness as given by your physician
- Acute Mountain Sickness medication as suggested
- A tiny oxygen cylinder if the high altitude leaves you uncomfortable.
- Cough and cold medication
- Medication for diarrhea and stomach pains
- Dettol, band aid, bandage and cotton
- Antiseptic skin cream
If you are a book aficionado who can’t sleep without reading a few pages or somebody whose feet just have to be kept warm, there is no reason to let go this list:
- Foot Warmers
- A Fascinating Book
- An Umbrella
- A Great Camera For All Those Photograph Ops
- Mobile Phone With Extra Batteries
- Flash Light
- Camping Equipment if you have camping on your mind
Pack all these basics in a robust bag. It will be accommodating to have a small backpack for every day travel.
Ultimately, you will be amazed to know that Leh Ladakh features among safe destinations for solo women travellers therefore there is all the more reason to visit the paradise and tick mark on your bucket list. Remaining cheerful and carrying your laid-back attitude will take you places….well yes literally!