Every biker, regardless of the gender, dreams of going on a Leh Ladakh bike tour at least once in their lifetime. While they aspire to have a perfect journey, the reality does come into connection with a lot of limitations.
Having understood that bikers are sure to stagger upon a little barriers on a rocky landscape like that of Leh and Ladakh, Offbeat Himalayas has put in best efforts to arrange every information in this blog that will assist bike tour aspirants in encountering any such challenges on the way.
About Leh Ladakh Bike Tour:
The old adage- “There’s beauty everywhere, all you have to do is just open your eyes and observe it” is rightly said when it comes to the fascinating beauty of Leh Ladakh trip.Endowing scenic vistas of one of the finest landscapes in India, a road trip to Leh Ladakh is all about experiencing snow-clad mountains, rocky landscape, high peaks, risky routes, and active bike engines. In short, going on a Ladakh bike trip is all about the positive vibes and the never-ending
spirit of a biker.
Best Time To Go On A Leh Ladakh Bike Trip:
The best time to go on a Leh Ladakh Bike Trip is from the months of June to September. These months allow the bikers to take delight in the best of Ladakh, as much as they enjoy their bike trip to Lahaul & Spiti. However, most of the bikers love to go on this crazy bike trip in all seasons as Leh Ladakh offers magical panoramas which can be appreciated round the year.
Estimated Duration For A Ladakh Bike Trip:
Depending on a lot of factors such as the route you’ve chosen, your complete schedule, and chiefly the weather conditions, an estimated duration for a Leh Ladakh road trip would span over a period of 15 days or more.
Leh Ladakh Trip Cost:
A lot depends on the vehicle you are picking for your expedition and the Leh Ladakh road trip cost would also differ on the accommodation and type of food you decide on to eat. Yet, an average budget can be attained upon considering key factors such as meals, accommodation and fuel. Therefore, under usual circumstances, you may spend around INR 39,900 on a bike trip to Leh Ladakh for 15-days. This also comprises the permit fees and miscellaneous expenses for the Ladakh trip.
Top Bikes For Leh Ladakh Bike Trip:
One of the first things to keep in mind is that every biker must give his/her total attention to their first love, which is their bike. One must be very watchful and picky when it comes to selecting their Leh Ladakh road trip bike. So whenever you’re selecting a bike for any road trip, ensure you aim for suitability more than popularity. Consider it one of the most significant aspects of your Leh Ladakh trip plan! Opting for the type of bikes that one can effortlessly handle and are stress-free to maintain has constantly proven to be safe and supportive for the riders. Hence, the 5 top bikes for Leh Ladakh bike tour are:
- Royal Enfield – A dynamic bike with an engine of either 350 CC or 500 CC is sufficient to be a lifeguard on road trips.
- Royal Enfield Himalayan – With a robust engine of 400 CC, Royal Enfield Himalayan will let your ride smooth and hassle-free on any rough trail and unusual roads.
- Bajaj Pulsar – Undoubtedly, no bike has been a superhit in the Indian market in comparison to Bajaj Pulsar. Being the most preferred bike after the Bullets, Pulsar delivers variations of 150CC, 200CC, and 220CC, either of which can be your dependable partner on any of the escapades.
- KTM Duke – Being a featherweight bike can be beneficial on roads like that of Ladakh. With the chains of new engine variations of Duke 390, and Duke 250, KTM can be a best choice for a bike trip to Ladakh.
- CBR 250 – This bike from Honda is certainly a blockbuster except for its Contigo tyres which can be a slight tough to handle on Ladakh’s land in case of an alteration in weather. On the positive side, if the tyres can be replaced, one can put the bike’s ‘torque and fi’ technology to great use, and a superior purpose.
No bike. No worries. The bike rental providers at Delhi, Chandigarh and Manali are keen to offer you a ride on rent as long as you submit all the required documents. In Delhi, Karol Bagh is the center from where you can rent a bike for about 900 per day. All you have to do is show a valid photo id proof, your driving license, some security deposit, and a consent letter from your parents in case you’re still under age of 25, and you are all ready for a bike trip to Leh Ladakh.
Other than this, you can also rent a mechanic to take on the basis of daily wage for the complete duration of Leh Ladakh road trip. Also, don’t forget to run the bike through a test drive and check its abilities beyond limits to be on a safer side during the journey